[Evolution-hackers] Address book

Hi,

I am having a problem with evolution addressbook. I set it up and seemed
to be working fine, but then it started to appear and disappear! Now I
can't get it to work any longer at all.

What happens is that if I go into the addressbook it asks me the
following question:

Error loading addressbook.
We were unable to open this addressbook. please check that the
path /home/claudia/.evolution/addressbook/local/system exists and that
you have permission to access it.

The path is there and also the files and I have even tried to change the
permission to maximum (chmod 777), but the message is still there!

Any advice?

Claudia