Re: [Evolution-hackers] Plugin and menu icons

Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 17:05 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev a écrit :
> В Сбт, 09/06/2007 в 17:45 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue пишет:
> > Le vendredi 27 avril 2007 à 10:07 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue a écrit :
> > after reading more code, it seems bonoboui doesn't like icons starting
> > with the stock_ prefix. It throws " Bonobo-CRITICAL **:
> > bonobo_ui_util_xml_to_pixbuf: assertion `length > 4 * 2 * 2 + 1' failed"
> > at the command line.
> >
> > The result is that the icon for folder->refresh and for any other menu
> > item wanting to use a stock_* icon, it just won't appear.
> >
> > I thought it could be a problem with libbonoboui but then I remembered
> > that it works perfectly fine for popup menus.
> >
> > As gtk-* icons are far from covering what we can add as icons in the
> > menus, please, please help me fix this issue.
>
> Hello Gilles
>
> It's really hard to understand original problem and reasons for that
> since not much is described. What are you trying to do really?

> About way to convince bonoboui what about registration of stock icon and
> then usage it in libbonoboui with pixtype=stock? I'm not sure why
> libbonoboui tries to get pixbuf from your attribute (it's the task of
> the function bonobo_ui_util_xml_to_pixbuf). Looks like you misunderstand
> each other. What ui description are you passing to it?

let's try with an example, take:
http://svn.gnome.org/svn/evolution/trunk/ui/evolution-mail-list.xml
there is a line in it that looks like:
<menuitem name="FolderRefresh" verb="" _label="Re_fresh..."
pixtype="stock" pixname="stock_refresh"/>

The icon exists and is in the same folder where are stored other stock
icons (gtk-add, gtk-undelete, ...) but it doesn't show up in the UI
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>
Élève Ingénieur ESIEE, 5ème année