Re: [Evolution-hackers] Plugin and menu icons

Le vendredi 27 avril 2007 à 10:07 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue a écrit :
> Le dimanche 08 avril 2007 à 23:11 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue a écrit :
> > Hi list,
> >
> > in the process of enhancing plugins, I was looking for a mean to add an
> > icon in the top level menus. After some code reading it seems it is not
> > possible if the icon is not a gtk stock icon. Did I miss something ?
> >
> > Any pointers would be appreciated.

after reading more code, it seems bonoboui doesn't like icons starting
with the stock_ prefix. It throws " Bonobo-CRITICAL **:
bonobo_ui_util_xml_to_pixbuf: assertion `length > 4 * 2 * 2 + 1' failed"
at the command line.

The result is that the icon for folder->refresh and for any other menu
item wanting to use a stock_* icon, it just won't appear.

I thought it could be a problem with libbonoboui but then I remembered
that it works perfectly fine for popup menus.

As gtk-* icons are far from covering what we can add as icons in the
menus, please, please help me fix this issue.
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>
EE/CS last year student, ESIEE