Re: [Evolution-hackers] Dead GtkHtml code?

Hi Matthew,

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 21:05 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Looking for some historical insight here.
>
> There's a directory in GtkHtml's Subversion repository called "capplet".
> This directory is not included in GtkHtml release tarballs, and the
> latest capplet/ChangeLog entry is dated 2004-07-22.
>
> Is this code officially dead?
>From first read, this code seems to be dead. Its not even under
compilation path.

> The only mention of it's demise that I've found is a brief ChangeLog
> entry in the top-level directory:
>
>         2003-01-13  Rodney Dawes  <dobey ximian com>
>
>                 * configure.in: Remove the capplet stuff
>
> I ask because I'm trying to clean up parts of GtkHtml's code (fixing
> compiler warnings, moving off deprecated GTK+ widgets, etc.) and I'd
> like to know whether the capplet stuff is worth bothering with.
Don't bother it IMO.

> Matthew Barnes
>

> p.s. If it _is_ dead, should it not be removed from source control?
On a closer look, it seems to have some old code for shortcut
configuration. It may be of our interest some time down the line. I feel
that it should be OK to have it under the source control for some more
time.

Thanks
Srini.