Re: [Evolution-hackers] Where to put UI items for templates (Bug #127529)

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 16:59 -0600, Matthew Martin wrote:
> I'm working on templates for evolution.

All the best for the completion of this feature/bounty. Many people have
taken this but none made as much progress as you have.

> I need to know where to put all
> the UI items for templates. There would need to be a save template,
> default new mail, and default reply items. I read some of the HIG and
> stuck them in there so I could write the code. Here's a link to the
> patches. http://mtt.martin.googlepages.com/ The first one is for
> evolution, and the second is for evolution-data-server.

I had a look at the patch in the above url and some things that I found
on an first-look are:

The Template should be singleton and each account may not have a
separate template folder. (Should be like Outbox)

Avoid using magic numbers like "return -2". Put them to an enum and use
it.

Definition of save_template is not there in the current.patch

I will send the detailed review comments soon after applying the patch
and using it, in a day or two.