Re: [Evolution-hackers] Closing a NSS connection

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:18 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:02 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 13:53 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > > I don't think just doing a PR_Close is sufficient. I think you need to
> > > do a PR_Shutdown too. GMail's IMAP server, for example, after pressing
> > > really often connect-disconnect, will otherwise ban you from authent-
> > > icating for a few minutes.
> > >
> > > I think this patch can be 1:1 applied to upstream Camel.
> > >
> > > http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/changeset/3135
>
> Philip, I see PR_Close() being used on its own in two other places in
> that file, particularly stream_close() but also during error cleanup in
> socket_connect().  Do either of these locations also need to call
> PR_Shutdown()?

Yes, I fixed the other locations in Camel-lite too. Sorry for not
mentioning that followup of that patch (you can go a few revisions
higher in Tinymail to see the other PR_Shutdown-s).

> I'm thinking stream_close() definitely does but maybe not the error
> cleanup in socket_connect() since a connection has not yet fully been
> established.

I just added them to all. If you find a PR_Close where it was not
needed, let me know.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog