Re: [Evolution-hackers] Post-release version incrementing

> I notice we've been doing pre-release version incrementing
> [...]
> I was wondering if the team would be open to switching to post-release
> version incrementing

May I suggest a third, in my opinion superior, way: Both.

That's what cairo uses, see
http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-Version-Information.html . The
micro version number is even in released tarballs, and odd
inbetween. The even number never exists in SVN. The micro number is
bumped by the person doing a release, and then bumped again and
committed after the tarball has been built. Thus there cannot be any
confusion between official released versions and builds from SVN at
least as far as version numbers are concerned.

--tml