Re: [Evolution-hackers] Call for Release Notes

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 23:42 -0600, Sankar P wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 15:24 +0000, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:

> > > How can I tell evolution to use a particular image when I send emails? I
> > > don't see this in the preferences.
> > Currently you can do it from Insert->Face in the composer window. It was
> > supposed to have a preferences as part of plugin configuration. But I
> > dont think it made it to svn.
> >
> > Sankar, am I right?
>
> Yes. You are.
>
> You need to use Inset->Face in the composer window.
>
> A few more things are still pending for this plugin. User should be able
> to set a photo from plugin-configure. The plugin should also support
> resizing the photo by itself. I did some of these changes but missed the
> freeze dead-line. So all these can go only after branching for Evo-2.14
> is done.

It seems obvious to me that this should be a per-account preference, or
maybe it should be in the GNOME About Me control panel. As it is, it
doesn't seem worth mentioning in the release notes, because it's not
very usable if I have to specify an image file for each email that I
send. Does that seem fair?

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com