[Evolution-hackers] Central Delivery for Mail

Hello all,

I posted this on bugzilla, but was referred to here (actually, if I would have known about this list I would have posted it here first…sorry).

First, I would like to start off with the fact that I'm more than
willing to write the plugin that I'm requesting; I just wanted to make sure I'm not redoing some work that others have already done (plus, look for some advice on where to start).  At the moment, with Exchange, I am able to pull mail from all my POP accounts into a central mailbox, using Outlook's little "deliver mail here" config option, where "here" in this case is my exchange mailbox.

Thus, it is actually quite advantageous for me to use POP instead of IMAP,
because I only have one mailbox to keep up with and back up.  Plus, the email is cleaned off of the pop servers and stuck on my own server, where it's backed up regularly .

Now, this could be emulated, plugging in an IMAP folder for an exchange folder.  Basically, one could introduce the same "deliver mail here" dropdown configuration menu into the configuration for Evolution.  In this case, a locally configured IMAP folder (or local folder of course) would be the destination choice.  Outlook's feature actually could be trivially improved by making a per-POP-account configuration, but whatever.

Either way, is this doable through your plugin framework?  I don't know how
abstracted away the imap folders are, but it seems like it should be trivial just to add a hook into the receive process that copies it to an IMAP folder instead of the local storage.  I noticed that you can drag and drop emails from the local storage to IMAP folders, so the framework is there, I just need to call it, right?

Thanks for your help :).  I'm seriously itching to shedding off the last thing that is tying me to Windows.

-Matt