[Evolution-hackers] Language selector in gtkhtml

Hi,

I'm interested in the  bounty provided by Novell
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Mailer.html#127530 (the language
selector).
The widget used in the image seems to be a bit unconvenient to me so
I'm not sure whether I should really use it.
To my mind the best solution would be something like a GtkMenuToolButton
(those buttons with an arrow next to them, like the new-mail button in
evolution).
However I will not be able to use GtkMenuToolButton directly as it
conflicts with the obsolete GtkToolbar api used by the editor component.
But also a combobox would be a possibility.
I'd like to hear your opinion.
Rodo seems to have quit developing gtkhtml
and I'm not able to write mail to harish using "kharish at novell dot
com". Novell's mailer daemon tells me that the user account was expired.
Whom to cotact?

greets,
        Andreas