Re: [Evolution-hackers] libebook scalability

2007/4/2, Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan novell com>:
On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 01:12 +0200, Øystein Gisnås wrote:
> I discovered a bottleneck for addressbook performance with large
> addressbooks. Details at
> http://n800evolution.blogspot.com/2007/04/libebook-scalability.html
Looks fine to commit.

> A proposed fix is attached. I'm not sure if order matters when
> returned from the backend? Does anyone know? If not, g_list_reverse
> can be omitted.
Atleast here the order wont matter.

Im sure that there are more such bottle necks. It will be nice task to
take these up. Øystein?

I'll look into this, but I can't fit it in very soon, so it's up to
anyone to have a go..

I'd also love to create scripts, code and test data to test
performance of some of the most important functions. Then we would be
able to track performance over time in a more scientific way.

Also, whether we're gonna use GQueues, GSLists, or reversed GLists is
an interesting discussion. Does GNOME in general have any
recommendations for that?

Øystein