Re: [Evolution-hackers] automated testing of Evolution data server with SyncEvolution

2006/10/15, Patrick Ohly <Patrick Ohly gmx de>:
      * Is someone going to take care of the reported regression or do
        you need a patch to fix it? Whoever changed the code between 2.6
        and 2.8 should be in a better position to fix it, so I am a bit
        reluctant to investigate further in code that I don't know.

It seems like this is quiet times when it comes to patch review. I am
very sure though, that a bug report with a good patch will much more
likely be applied soon. If upstream doesn't look at it, I will
consider applying it to Debian.

      * Is someone running Evolution and in particular the Evolution
        data server under valgrind as part of release testing or regular
        quality assurance?

I know there is performance work in relation with evolution for suse
installations. For general quality assurance there are not enough
routines in place. I know it's on the todo list of the developers.
When it comes to valgrind testing, evolution becomes quite slow so
patience is a must.

      * Which branches are still maintained? At the moment Debian still
        has 2.6 in testing and unstable; if there is a chance to still
        get bug fixes into that version, I'd concentrate on that first
        instead of the more recent 2.8.

There is still a chance to get bug fixes into 2.6. Right now I plan an
upload of evolution-exchange 2.6.3, but there may be uploads of evo
and e-d-s soon, depending of the severity of the problems.

2.8 is in experimental, and we still hope we can push that in before
the release of etch. I would recommend developing against 2.8
actually, since your application isn't targeted for etch.

/* Øystein Gisnås */