[Evolution-hackers] How would this work?

Hey all. I'm wondering if it's possible to write a custom backend for evolution and evolution-data-server that re-uses the IMAP camel provider?

I've written a custom e-book library that kinda works, and I'm getting started on writing a custom e-cal backend that will do calendaring.  In the interest of time, and since the server I'm working with supports the IMAP protocol, I was hoping I could do something simple like reuse the IMAP camel-provider and use my custom addressbook and calendar plugins in setting the account up.  Is this possible?  If so, how would I do something like that?

Scott