Re: [Evolution-hackers] importing iCalendar with VTIMEZONE definitions into Evolution

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 14:11 +0530, Chenthill wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 22:51 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > I am the developer of the "SyncEvolution" SyncML client for Evolution
> > [1]. It uses the ecal API to extract and store iCalendar 2.0 items that
> > it gets from the SyncML library. I have not found a good method yet to
> > also store the VTIMEZONE definition in the backend.
>
> > What I currently do is:
> >      1. icomp = icalcomponent_new_from_string()
> >      2. event = icalcomponent_get_first_component(ICAL_VEVENT_COMPONENT)
> >      3. e_cal_create_object(event)
> You can get the timezone components separately using
> zone = icalcomponent_get_first_component (ICAL_VTIMEZONE_COMPONENT)
> and then add it to the backend using
> e_cal_add_timezone (ECal *ecal, icaltimezone *izone, GError **error).

Thanks, that seems to work.

> > The Evolution GUI also doesn't get this right: importing an iCalendar
> > item with timezone definition into a local calendar drops the custom
> > timezone definition and thus shifts the event (Evolution 2.4 - I haven't
> > tried 2.6 yet).
> This might be that the timezone is already present in libical and not
> correct. Could you please verify it ?

No, it wasn't. When importing the file e_cal_add_timezone() is not
called (verified in a debugger), but ended up
in .evolution/calendar/local/*.ics anyway. That it doesn't show up in
the GUI properly must have been something different. I'll retest with
2.6.2 once I find the time to compile it.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly