Re: [Evolution-hackers] Creating objects in ECal

Thanks Peter...tried both. Also tried an entirely different VEVENT. Still the same.

When does the e_cal_create_object() fail/not function properly even when the iCalComponent is (apparently) formed correctly?

On 7/27/06, Peter Colijn <pcolijn gmail com> wrote:
Hi Teresa,

On 7/27/06, Teresa Thomas <tere ertw gmail com> wrote:
> printf("%d", icalcomponent_is_valid(iCalComp));
> prints a 1.
> > BEGIN:VEVENT
> > UID:20060901T130000Z-123402 host com
> > DTSTAMP:20060901T1300Z
> > DTSTART:20060401T163000Z
> > DTEND:20060402T010000Z
> > SUMMARY:Claudia is in sensitivity awareness class.
> > CLASS:PUBLIC
> > CATEGORIES:BUSINESS,HUMAN RESOURCES
> > TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
> > END:VEVENT

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure this is the issue, but I notice that your
DTSTAMP is not a proper RFC2445 date-time value; you'd want

DTSTAMP:20060901T130000Z (i.e. you are missing 2 '0's)

The other thing is that in RFC2445, commas need to be escaped with a
backslash in values to avoid having them interpreted as a list
(perhaps this is not a precisely correct interpretation; someone may
well correct me). However, in CATEGORIES, you actually want a list, so
in general there is no need to escape any commas. BUT.... evolution
usually does anyway, so you might want to try that just in case :P

Hope that helps.. these are just shots in the dark; I haven't tried
either of them myself.

Have fun,

Peter