Re: [Evolution-hackers] Creating objects in ECal

To add to my previous question, the statement

printf("%d", icalcomponent_is_valid(iCalComp));

prints a 1.

What could be going wrong?

On 7/26/06, Teresa Thomas <tere ertw gmail com> wrote:
I am trying to add an event into my ECal, using the following code:
    // Convert vevent into iCalComponent
    icalcomponent* iCalComp = icalcomponent_new_from_string(Filecontents);

     // Create an object in calendar
     gboolean is_create = e_cal_create_object(ecal, iCalComp, (char **)&uid, &error);
     printf("%s%d","Did event add successfully? = ",is_create);
     printf("%s%s","\nError message = ",error->message);
     g_error_free (error);
where my Filecontents is a (sample) string that contains the following:
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:20060901T130000Z-123402 host com
DTSTAMP:20060901T1300Z
DTSTART:20060401T163000Z
DTEND:20060402T010000Z
SUMMARY:Claudia is in sensitivity awareness class.
CLASS:PUBLIC
CATEGORIES:BUSINESS,HUMAN RESOURCES
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
END:VEVENT

The first time I run the program, I get a pop-up box saying that the application has quit unexpectedly. But when I run it again, the GError contains the message that Object ID already exists. At the same time, I cannot see the event on my evolution calendar.

It behaves similarly when I use the e_cal_remove_object() function. First time running, gives the pop-up box and after that GError contains the message that Object ID not found.

Am I missing something?