Re: [Evolution-hackers] Memory consumption and virtual machines

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 18:32 +0000, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> 1. Branch evolution-data-server into HEAD (development, with Philip's
> patch), and the stable branch (without the patch).

I have created a branch exclusively for the "camel mmap summary" work,
viz., "mmapped-camel-summary-branch" which will help Phillip to continue
his research further.

Phillip: Make sure you don't change the format-of-summary-file too
drastically, the "\0" is acceptable though.

> 2. Make the patch *mandatory* in HEAD, so that it gets a good amount
> of
> testing.

Federico, I would like it to be maintained and well tested in the branch
rather then rushing it up in HEAD.  IMO, a branch gives more freedom to
do such research work than HEAD.  Correct me if I am wrong. :-)

V. Varadhan

 Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise™
http://www.novell.com