Re: [Evolution-hackers] Google Calendar sync

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone working on a way to do 2-way sync with Google Calendar
> (using the XML-based API)? If not, I'd be interested in doing this. I
> worked on the Google Calendar team and am quite familiar with the
> product. I've also done some Evolution work in the past, but it was
> the 1.4.x days so I imagine things are quite different now. Is this
> something that could be done in an EPlugin? Or would I need to write a
> new calendar backend in C?
>
> Any pointers or tips as to the best way to do this would be appreciated.

Hi Peter,

we had similar ideas about the google calendar. I am workin on the
opensync synchronisation framework. The framework already supports a lot
of devices and protocols like Evo2, KDE, Palms, IRMC, SyncML and more. So
i we would have a google calendar plugin for opensync, we would get
instant access to all of these. So i am also very interested in seeing
synchronisation with google and would be willing to contribute.

Best Regards,
Armin Bauer