Re: [Evolution-hackers] Google Calendar sync
- From: Harish Krishnaswamy <kharish novell com>
- To: Peter Colijn <pcolijn gmail com>
- Cc: evolution-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Google Calendar sync
- Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:35:03 +0530
Thanks for your interest. I am not aware of anyone working on Google
Calendar ATM. You have the head start :). The way to approach this would
be to write a new Calendar backend in Evolution-Data-Server (in C,
* Let everybody know you are working on it and pen your thoughts
on go-evolution.org. You might attract a few helping hands.
* The GW calendar backend (which uses GroupWise SOAP APIs) or the
http backend would be nice references to model your design on.
* Let me know how much time/effort you plan to put into this and
if you would like it to be added to the 2.8 roadmap.
Feel free to ping the Evolution Team for any further information.
On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 13:27 -0400, Peter Colijn wrote:
> Is anyone working on a way to do 2-way sync with Google Calendar
> (using the XML-based API)? If not, I'd be interested in doing this. I
> worked on the Google Calendar team and am quite familiar with the
> product. I've also done some Evolution work in the past, but it was
> the 1.4.x days so I imagine things are quite different now. Is this
> something that could be done in an EPlugin? Or would I need to write a
> new calendar backend in C?
> Any pointers or tips as to the best way to do this would be appreciated.
> Evolution-hackers mailing list
> Evolution-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev