[Evolution-hackers] standalone e-d-s

Hi,

a while ago I saw a mail from Ross Burton that he is working on a
D-Bus port of e-d-s. When this is integrated, does it mean that e-d-s
can run completely standalone from evolution? I know that calenaring
for example works in standalone mode, but will the d-bus e-d-s handle
all the logic (mail receiving, spam check, indexing,...) and will
evolution become just a GUI on top of that? Or will evolution still be
needed for the mail part.

Regards,
Leen toelen