Re: [Evolution-hackers] standalone e-d-s

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:10 +0200, Leen Toelen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a while ago I saw a mail from Ross Burton that he is working on a
> D-Bus port of e-d-s. When this is integrated, does it mean that e-d-s
> can run completely standalone from evolution? I know that calenaring
> for example works in standalone mode, but will the d-bus e-d-s handle
> all the logic (mail receiving, spam check, indexing,...) and will
> evolution become just a GUI on top of that? Or will evolution still be
> needed for the mail part.

Hmmm.. There are some thoughts on that here

http://go-evolution.org/Evo2.6

Having a mail backend working out of e-d-s is still a bit off.
Its part of the Big Plan(TM) though and is expected to happen.
The time frame is still under discussion.

The dbus connection is still being explored from what i can see
although i am not an expert in that field.

Cheers,
Shreyas