Re: [Evolution-hackers] installing evolution-data-server fails on a FHS compliant system

Oh. Right. I thought libtoolize would fix it. We had the same problem
when packaging evolution for SUSE 9.3. What you need to do is not
specify libexecdir as $libdir. You need to set it as
$prefix/lib/something-else. The bug is still outside of evolution
though. This is because evolution has $libdir/evolution-$BASE_VERSION
for plug-ins and the like. Strictly speaking, you probably shouldn't
be installing executable binaries into $libdir directly anyway.

>From the FHS:

Applications may use a single subdirectory under /usr/lib. If an
application uses a subdirectory, all architecture-dependent data
exclusively used by the application must be placed within that
subdirectory.

This means that to be FHS-compliant, you need to specify the
evolution-$BASE_VERSION subfolder to $libdir for the --libexecdir
argument to configure. This is what we do in SUSE for
evolution-data-server.

-- dobey