Re: [Evolution-hackers] installing evolution-data-server fails on a FHS compliant system
- From: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- To: Christian Krause <krause chr gmail com>
- Cc: evolution-hackers lists ximian com, JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] installing evolution-data-server fails on a FHS compliant system
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 18:41:26 -0400
On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 19:35 +0200, Christian Krause wrote:
> Hello JP,
> > > When installing evolution-data-server 1.2.x on a system which has a
> > > FHS  compliant directory structure the evolution-data-server-1.2
> > > binary is copied to a wrong place so that the evolution doesn't find
> > > it. This results in a not-working evolution.
> > Why would this cause evolution not to find it? The .server should still
> > point to the right location.
> No, it doesn't.
This is a problem with the build environment. You need to re-run
libtoolize. The Makefile.am for e-d-s is correct. The problem is
that libtool is creating a directory with the same name as the
binary is being copied to. This means that when the binary is
copied, it gets placed in the versioned directory, without the
version as part of the binary's filename itself.
] [Thread Prev