Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rename e-d-s

On 5/12/05, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:
>  Most people just install their distro or use their distro's tool to install
> software, it handles any dependencies for them, so the name of the package
> is irrelevent.

For most users, yes.

>  Who is "people"?

I think in most cases, probably developers.

>  Seems like a lot of effort to change eds for no real purpose.

Yes, and work with very little (or no) tangible benefit is almost
never worthwhile. I think in this case the idea is to garner more
developer interest in e-d-s (though the original poster would have to
confirm), which may prove beneficial.

My 2 cents, anyway.

Have fun,

Peter