Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution
- From: Lee Revell <rlrevell joe-job com>
- To: Nat Friedman <nat novell com>
- Cc: ls ximian com, evolution-hackers lists ximian com, Not Zed <notzed ximian com>, Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan novell com>, Bryan Clark <bclark redhat com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:45:45 -0400
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 22:31 -0400, Nat Friedman wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 15:44 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 19:31 +0100, Nat Friedman wrote:
> > > My usage patterns are the exact opposite of this. I never use find, and
> > > I forward things around like it's my job.
> > >
> > That's not really the issue, the point is that basic usability
> > principles dictate that software should always behave the way the user
> > expects it to unless there's a damn good reason. In this case the use
> > of a completely non-standard key binding for "Search" seems completely
> > arbitrary.
> I know. I didn't say that C-f should forward. I am just putting my 2
> cents against Rodney's in the "which operation is used more commonly"
Any opinion on binding "/" to find in message?
] [Thread Prev