Re: [Evolution-hackers] evo installation fails with libtool error relating to libeshell

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 10:09 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
<snip>
> > Unfortunately my libtool foo is not strong enough to decipher this, and
> > googling for the error message doesn't get me very far either.
>
> Just cd to the shell directory, make clean, and it should work.  I get
> this from time to time if I rename my evolution source directory.
> Something seems to be hard coding absolute paths in the Makefile.

Unfortunately make clean in the shell directory makes no difference. I
can check out a vanilla source tree (into a clean directory) run the
following sequence of commands and still encounter the error.

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/evo/lib/pkgconfig/ ./autogen.sh \
--prefix=/opt/evo/ --with-openldap=yes \
--enable-nntp=yes --enable-ipv6=yes --enable-test-component=yes \
--enable-nss=yes --enable-smime=yes --enable-plugins=all
make
sudo make install

Build system is an i386 box running Ubuntu Hoary.

Any other ideas?

Regards

--
Matt Brown