Re: [Evolution-hackers] Firefox style search bar in evolution

For Evince we are sharing the eggfindbar [1] with Epiphany, you might want to take a look at that code, it doesn't have that close button.  Here's [2] a screenshot of what searching in Evince looks like.

I don't know that having two search bars would necessarily be confusing for people in the single message view.  Of course in the preview pane I agree you might want to do something different.

~ Bryan
[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evince/shell/eggfindbar.c?rev=1.5&view=markup
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evince/shell/eggfindbar.h?rev=1.3&view=markup
[2] http://gnome.org/~clarkbw/tmp/Screenshot-hig.pdf.png