Re: [Evolution-hackers] Keyboard navigation broken

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 16:11 -0700, Ray Lee wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 18:42 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > Keyboard navigation does not seem to work right.
> >
> > I start in the search bar.  The "Tab" key cycles through interface
> > widgets "clockwise" as expected.  However, shift-tab does not go
> > backwards.
>
> It does for me. What version of ev? (I'm on 2.2.2.)

Weird, that seems to work now.  Never mind...

> > Also, when the select list in the search bar is focused, the down and up
> > arrows do not cycle through the options.
>
> Space bar gets me the list.

Yup, figured that out.  This requires extra keystrokes though.  And is
contrary to user expectations for no good reason IMHO.

The real problem is that having the the arrows move the focus
up/down/left/right seems to result in bizarre and inconsistent behavior.
In addition to the intransitivity, other widgets like the message list
pane bind the arrow keys as soon as you enter them.

> BTW, these sorts of messages are more appropriately sent to the
> evolution list than evolution-hackers.

OK, thanks.

Lee