Re: [Evolution-hackers] Extending the save-calendar plugin

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 20:09 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Since I've rewritten most of the save-calendar plugin, I've been playing
> with some idea's for it.
>
> One of those idea's is the possibility to let the user define a simple
> query on the data which will, for the user, decide what calendar items
> are going to be exported to the specified format.
>
> It could, for example, let the user decide if only items between two
> specific hours and only during the weekdays need to be exported to an
> offline fileformat.
>
> Why I want to do this is rather simple to explain: My employer likes
> timesheets. But I don't want my employer to know which meetings I've
> scheduled with my girlfriend :-). (well, thats my personal reason)
>
> My current and a simple solution is to create multiple local calendars.
> But very often I forget about this and created all the calendar-items of
> a certain period in my life on the same logical calendar.
>
> The reason my I'm mailing this is: in case I'd build such a query
> userinterface and extend the save-calendar in such a way, would it ever
> get accepted by Evolution? The reason why I ask it first is because I
> can, for my own purposes, create simpeler filtering scripts to
> filter-out specific calendaring items from my personal calendar-exports.

What about just exporting all items in the current view as an option?
That way the user can do what ever search they want.  Doesn't lend
itself well to searches > 6 weeks I guess, but something to consider.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.