[Evolution-hackers] Extending the save-calendar plugin

Hi there,

Since I've rewritten most of the save-calendar plugin, I've been playing
with some idea's for it.

One of those idea's is the possibility to let the user define a simple
query on the data which will, for the user, decide what calendar items
are going to be exported to the specified format.

It could, for example, let the user decide if only items between two
specific hours and only during the weekdays need to be exported to an
offline fileformat.

Why I want to do this is rather simple to explain: My employer likes
timesheets. But I don't want my employer to know which meetings I've
scheduled with my girlfriend :-). (well, thats my personal reason)

My current and a simple solution is to create multiple local calendars.
But very often I forget about this and created all the calendar-items of
a certain period in my life on the same logical calendar.

The reason my I'm mailing this is: in case I'd build such a query
userinterface and extend the save-calendar in such a way, would it ever
get accepted by Evolution? The reason why I ask it first is because I
can, for my own purposes, create simpeler filtering scripts to
filter-out specific calendaring items from my personal calendar-exports.

There's no need for me to create a fancy userinterface for it and
integrate it with the current save-calendar plugin. On the other hand, I
can.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org