Re: [Evolution-hackers] Gaim/Evolution presence integration
- From: Nat Friedman <nat novell com>
- To: Lee Revell <rlrevell joe-job com>
- Cc: evolution-hackers lists ximian com, Irving Cordova <irvingcordova gmail com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Gaim/Evolution presence integration
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:25:47 -0400
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 20:11 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 17:51 -0600, Irving Cordova wrote:
> > As many of you probably know, Google is sponsoring many different
> > projects with its Google's Summer of Code.
> I wish they would sponsor one of those $4500 bounties to improve
> Evolution's speed, rather than worrying about memory usage. I ended up
> having to use OE this past week, and I have to say it smokes Evo on a
> slower box (sub Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM).
> Memory will just get cheaper, while slower CPUs will be around forever,
> as there are many who see Moore's law in terms of getting the same
> performance out of a smaller and quieter box, rather than making the CPU
The ideas listed on the web page are just suggestions. It comes down to
what students propose to do.
] [Thread Prev