Re: [Evolution-hackers] Gaim/Evolution presence integration

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 17:51 -0600, Irving Cordova wrote:
> As many of you probably know, Google is sponsoring many different
> projects with its Google's Summer of Code.

I wish they would sponsor one of those $4500 bounties to improve
Evolution's speed, rather than worrying about memory usage.  I ended up
having to use OE this past week, and I have to say it smokes Evo on a
slower box (sub Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM).

Memory will just get cheaper, while slower CPUs will be around forever,
as there are many who see Moore's law in terms of getting the same
performance out of a smaller and quieter box, rather than making the CPU
faster.

Lee