[Evolution-hackers] Gaim/Evolution presence integration

Hey list,

As many of you probably know, Google is sponsoring many different
projects with its Google's Summer of Code. One of the projects being
sponsored is a D-Bus interface to Gaim.  Gaim/Evolution presence
integration is something that has been desired for a long time, and it
seems to me that Google's Summer of Code might give it a new push. The
reason for this is that there would be a new standard interface to
Gaim instead of the old gaim-remote.

My intention would be to create a D-Bus interface on the evolution
side, to talk to this new Gaim interface and in that way complete the
presence integration between these two applications. However, before
starting to work on it, I would like to know if someone else is
working on it, so that there would not be any duplicate work.

if you have any feedback or any pointers regarding this issue, I would
really appreciate it, thanks for your help.

Irving