Re: [Evolution-hackers] Gaim/Evolution presence integration

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 17:51 -0600, Irving Cordova wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> As many of you probably know, Google is sponsoring many different
> projects with its Google's Summer of Code. One of the projects being
> sponsored is a D-Bus interface to Gaim.  Gaim/Evolution presence
> integration is something that has been desired for a long time, and it
> seems to me that Google's Summer of Code might give it a new push. The
> reason for this is that there would be a new standard interface to
> Gaim instead of the old gaim-remote.
>
> My intention would be to create a D-Bus interface on the evolution
> side, to talk to this new Gaim interface and in that way complete the
> presence integration between these two applications. However, before
> starting to work on it, I would like to know if someone else is
> working on it, so that there would not be any duplicate work.
>
> if you have any feedback or any pointers regarding this issue, I would
> really appreciate it, thanks for your help.

The current idea is to take a look at Galago. Make sure you get in touch
with Christian Hammond for more details about both Galago and his plans
to get this integration done.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at pvanhoof dot be