Re: [Evolution-hackers] installing evolution-data-server fails on a FHS compliant system

> Creating a non-standard generic directory under /usr/lib breaks namespace.
> Imaging a software project called "exec" that uses /usr/lib/exec for some
> stuff - collisions may occure. You see breaking standards cause problems - at
> least on systems that abide to standards. If each software developer installs
> stuff where he thinks you get a totally screwed system over time. I don't
> think the FHS guys made the standard because of boredom.
>
> I see no real reason why breaking with the standard. I vote for abiting FHS.

Well they broke the original and quite logical "standard" of having a
libexec where "Executables for library use" resided.  Its pretty hard to
take something like that away, very stupidly dump it in an obviously
special purpose directory like lib, and expect everything to work.

So "standard" is all relative.