Re: [Evolution-hackers] camel_mbox_folder_get_full_path equivalent?

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 11:09 +0200, smurfd wrote:
> Im not entierly sure, since i dont sit at my box at the moment. But i
> belive i used it to give me the full path of a mbox file.
>
> Well i asked mainly because i thought i must have been doing something
> wrong since it has been removed.
>
> So, do i get you right, that your saying i should be able to use just
> functions in e-d-s/camel/camel.h and e-d-s/camel/camel-folder.h to
> solve the same thing as the function i used earlier?

Hmm, no, I doubt that!  Publically accessible camel functions work on an
abstraction.  The abstraction knows nothing - really - nothing about
'mbox' or 'maildir' or 'imap' or whatever.  This means we can use the
same api to access any backend ... but also means the frontend has no
knowledge of fiddly unecessary details like which file the folder is
stored in.

It really depends on what you're using it for.  Perhaps it is something
you shoudln't be using it for, and wont reliably work for other
backends.  Or perhaps it is something else.  You would already have to
test for the appropriate email or mbox uri, so you can interpret that in
a way which will give you the physical file, yourself.