Re: [Evolution-hackers] spamd control?

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 16:59 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 16:28 +0000, Radek Doulík wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 12:55 +0000, William John Murray wrote:
> >    Hello there,
> >                I would like to save memory, while still running
> > spamassassin, (5 copies is 75Mb real Ram taken, quite a chunk for 1
> > process)from evolution. I cannot figure out how this is controlled.
> > /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin is ignored.
> I don't know what distribution do you use, but in suse 9.2 I have
>
> SPAMD_ARGS="-d -c -L -m 1"
>
> in /etc/sysconfig/spamd. (I've added -m 1 to reduce children of spamd
> to 1)
>
> Cheers
> Radek

 Hi Radek,
   Thanks .Fedora has /etc/sysconfig/spamassasin which probably does a
similar job? It has only 1 line:
SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -c -m2 -H"

   The -H seems a bit weird; as the man page says that means the next
arg. is the home directory. But I'll add the '-L' which makes for local
that Rodney thought might be relevant.
Yeah, you will need -L in case you have network tests disabled in evo preferences (which is the default).

For -H the man page says: "By specifying no argument, spamd will use the spamc caller's home directory instead."

R.

     Bill

--
Radek Doulík <rodo novell com>