Re: [Evolution-hackers] export a calendar to ical file format

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 02:42 +0000, Stéphane Konstantaropoulos wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am working on the ICal integration and publishing and I have a couple
> of questions:
>
> - Is there an easy way to export one or more calendars to one ical file
> with the evolution-data-server API? (I mean without having to go through
> all the records an regenerating such a file "manually".

no, but you can call e_cal_get_object_list and get all objects in one
shot, then you just need to create a top level calendar
(e_cal_util_new_top_level) and add the timezones and events
(icalcomponent_add_component) to it.

>  This would help.
> - Why does the free/busy publishing method use SOUP and not gnome-vfs?
> This limits its use to http only. Or perhaps this is a requirement for
> publishing Free/Busy data. Strange though, we could do with ssh and ftp
> too there. If http is not a requirement then, I can modify this part to
> use gnome-vfs too, like Ical publishing, if I get that far.

yes, I think we could use gnome-vfs, not sure why we choose soup
instead.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>