Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-groupwise-maintainers

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 23:22 +0530, Sivaiah Nallagatla wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 12:02 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
>> I got this alias setup for bugzilla in case we want to assign groupwise
>> related bugs there some how.
>>
>> Personally I'd prefer to keep the groupwise bugs assigned to individual
>> components with the groupwise keyword rather than create a separate
>> product (the GroupWise product in their now was a broken attempt at
>> tracking some server issues) or separate component.  We don't put IMAP
>> or POP bugs in a separate component.  However it is a little different
>> in this case because we have a specific group working on these bugs and
>> there are currently a lot of them.  We could transfer the groupwise
>> keyword bugs that aren't assigned specifically right now to
>> evolution-groupwise-maintainers and periodically make sure the
>> assignment is right.  This would cut down the bug traffic to
>> evolution-mail-maintainers, evolution-calendar-maintainers, etc.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>This idea looks good to me though i would prefer separte product. I feel having separate
>product would make bug submitting easier for folks who are testing/using
>groupwise and avoids even the initial mails sent when new bug is filed.
>Going over bugzilla to find groupwise related bugs will be more painful
>than moving an occasional non-groupwise bug present in groupwise prodcut
>to evolution.
>

>Siva

I welcome this idea - actually helps us ensure that none of the bugs are
missed. Currently, some of them have skipped my radar - since groupwise
keyword was not mentioned in some cases and had been assigned to the
product design team - forcing me to resort to look for bugs filed by the
QA hackers rather than the other way round.

Also, it should reduce lots of traffic for non-gw maintainers - yes.

Harish