[Evolution-hackers] IMAP Mails in trash may be expunged after you use thunderbird
- From: jeff cai <Jeff Cai Sun COM>
- To: Evolution Hackers <evolution-hackers gnome org>
- Cc: sceri-evolution Sun COM
- Subject: [Evolution-hackers] IMAP Mails in trash may be expunged after you use thunderbird
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:26:08 +0800
Harry and I find that if you delete a mail in INBOX folder by
ThunderBird, all mails in trash folder in Evolution will be
removed. This comes from the difference of implementation of
both products. When you delete a mail, evolution marks the mail
"Deleted" flag, while thunderBird will mark the mail "Deleted"
and copy one to a real folder "Trash", then expunge the folder
which the deleted mail is in. Therefore, those mails marked as
"Deleted" in that folder will also be removed. You can't find them
again. The result is YOU LOST mails in the trash folder of evolution.
] [Thread Prev