Re: [Evolution-hackers] CamelStore and service->connect()

Jules Colding wrote:

Hi,

I need the user to provide a password when connecting to the remote
server. The connection is, as far as I can understand, established when
service->connect() is invoked.
Is connect() invoke by the store itself, or by an external process?

it is invoked at a higher level

I can connect while initiating the store, so I really do not need a
specific service->connect() function. Can I make service->connect() be a
noop?

you should not connect while initialising the store - this operation should not block/wait.

If not, may I keep a pointer to my session in my service instance so
that I can query the password during the invocation of connect()?

CamelService already has a session pointer...

Is the return value from connect() just whether there is a present live
connection or not?

it returns whether or not connect() succeeded (e.g. the store is now in the connected state)

I am curious as whether I can just connect in the
store init function and then always just return TRUE in connect()?

don't do that unless you are accessing local data that doesn't need remote access.

Jeff