[Evolution-hackers] CamelStore and service->connect()

Hi,

I need the user to provide a password when connecting to the remote
server. The connection is, as far as I can understand, established when
service->connect() is invoked.

Is connect() invoke by the store itself, or by an external process?

I can connect while initiating the store, so I really do not need a
specific service->connect() function. Can I make service->connect() be a
noop?

If not, may I keep a pointer to my session in my service instance so
that I can query the password during the invocation of connect()?

Is the return value from connect() just whether there is a present live
connection or not? I am curious as whether I can just connect in the
store init function and then always just return TRUE in connect()?

Thanks,
  jules