Re: [Evolution-hackers] templates i18n question

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 16:57 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 11:48 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> Sorry if this is a newbie question...
>
> I'm working on the Templates support.  In order to learn the code, and
> as a first try at an implementation, I'm starting by making a copy of
> the Drafts folder called (obviously) Templates.  Then I'll change the
> behavior as specified.
>
> One step that's clearly required is translating "Templates" into all the
> supported languages.  Any pointers for where to start?

We've put the default inbox for translation in evolution/mail/default,
however I know the translation teams aren't particularly fond of this so
any solution you come up with should probably handle this case as well.

I think i18n-tool now supports email messages.  I presume it extracts the text parts for use in normal po files.  But i'm only guessing that from command line arguments i've seen.

Another thought is if the default templates are really needed at all,
what ones are you making?

I think if we can just pass an mbox to i18n-tool, someone can come up with some useful defaults and it is easy to integrate into i18n when required.  They may not have need of many unique translated strings anyway.