Re: [Evolution-hackers] using LDAP as addressbook with search filter

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 11:43 +0200, Karl H. Beckers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> RTFMs welcome, if I've missed anything ...
>
> are there plans to support a situation where you have an LDAP
> server with entries in some people folder and all entries have
> one attribute that signifies the location.
>
> I would like to be able to configure one addressbook with
> the total view and one with a filter like
> l=*GERMANY*

Which version of evolution you are suing ?
If all such ldap enrries are under a particular container like germany
you can achieve this by setting up two books with different search bases

> This would also allow me to synch my palm against this partial
> view.
>
> While it seems to be possible to hack ldap URLs into gconf for
> mail address completion, the config XML for the address books as
> such don't seem to support this.

If you are using 1.5 you need not do this, just mark that book for auto
completion in tools->settings
Thanks,
Siva