Re: [Evolution-hackers] developer pages

On "http://developer.novell.com/" in the first section "Linux solutions", second in the itemised list.

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 11:49 -0400, Aaron Weber wrote:
Where's the link to developer.ximian.com, by the way? I can't seem to find it now...

a.

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 23:25 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 10:48 -0400, Aaron Weber wrote:
Also I think that everyone has the power to do whatever they want to forge.novell.com. If not, it can be arranged for you to get that power (Christine, I think, has the bits).

See:
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?evolution

Which is as empty and lonely as anything else...
source-forge like pages never seem to contain anything useful or be very easy to use (i.e. even if they do contain useful info its hard to find).

and given the power, who will bother?  look at the evolution blog ...
I'll ask the forge admins to change the link to developer.ximian.com to send things... oh, somewhere useful.

ok thanks, thats a start.  what triggered this someone asking me for copyright assignment info.  i managed to find a link on the gnome.org stuff to a page in ximian which redirected to a faq on developer.novell.com which had the info.  but i couldn't work out how to get to the faq starting on d.n.c, etc.

not that i think any of that stuff has ever been that easy to find, almost everyone's had to be directed to the copyright assignment page by its link.  but i can't  imagine such a thing would ever be that easy to find for someone poking at a completely new project in their spare time who didn't even know it existed or was a requirement.