Re: [Evolution-hackers] EDestination and CamelInternetAddress

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 09:18 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> If we separate camel out it wont be an issue, I guess, since
> presumably it'll be in eds or eds will end up depending on it - but
> that depends on if we move it.  I suppose that needs to be sorted out
> 'real soon now'.  Just dropping the whole lot into e-d-s would be
> trivial (as much as it would be nice to have standalone), since we'd
> probably move most its dependencies from e-util or gal to there at the
> same time.

Yeah, it needs to be sorted out as soon as possible.

> Without that, its a reasonably fair chunk of code, which would be
> better not to be copied (and probably best not to be cut-down -
> anything in it is there for a reason), if it could be avoided.  It
> also draws in a bunch of other utilities, like the e_iconv() stuff,
> which is in gal(!) at the moment, which can't really be avoided.  To
> make it standalone you're probably looking at grabbing at least 3-500
> lines of code, and thats just the stuff in camel-mime-utils that does
> the work, not the stuff in cia (which isn't needed).

I'll do that until the Camel situation is resolved, then. Unless it can
somehow be resolved this week.

> But, well, also, ESelectNames should die and be replaced with
> something which works and has a nicer interface anyway (api and ui).

Well, that's part of what I'm doing. I still need EDestination for it to
work at all.

--
Hans Petter