Re: [Evolution-hackers] calendar EPlugin plans

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 01:34 -0600, David Trowbridge wrote:
> Since I obviously haven't communicated my plans properly to everyone,
> here's a short roadmap of what I plan to do.
>
> 1. EConfig-ize the calendar properties window
> 	- this is mostly done. Pending some cleanup, I should have a patch off
> to e-p for review soon.
>
> 2. EConfig-size the new calendar window
> 	- this is pending UI decision
>
> 3. Add some API to allow plugins to register new sources and a calendar
> component init hook. The goal of this is to allow plugins to detect the
> absence of and register new top-level sources, similar to the existing
> migration code. This will make it so new calendar backends can be
> distributed completely independent of evolution.

I'm not sure this is the way to go, it may be better to make e-sources
more flexible wrt to groups and uri's.  People seem to want to be able
to make up their own groups.

> 4. (maybe) Add some stuff to allow plugins to do size- and position-
> requests and custom drawing for calendar elements. This would probably
> only be used for esoteric calendars like weather, where the standard
> rendering and interaction doesn't really make too much sense for the
> data.

As a note for this, the day and week view drawing code really need a
major cleanup.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>