Re: [Evolution-hackers] Lost Mail

hi daniel,

this posting does not belong to the hackers-list, but to the user
mailing list at <evolution lists ximian com> - evo-hackers is for code
discussion only.

Am Samstag, den 27.11.2004, 00:45 -0800 schrieb Daniel L. Kunkel:
> My copy of evolution 2.0.2  on FC3 crashed recently, and I lost my
> "evolution" file in my home directory. When I restarted, without an
> evolution file, the software started running again, but I cannot find
> my week or two of e-mails, calendars, appointments, etc?
> I've been looking through the .gconf/apps/ directories, but nothing
> seems large enough to hold all my data.  Was it all deleted? Is
> there any hope of restoring it...  (ext3 file system, so no undelete
> possible.)

err... what is an evolution file? you mean directory i assume?
evolution stores its data since version 1.5 in the directory
".evolution" in your home directory; evolution 1.4 and earlier used to
use the directory "evolution" which was visible.
account settings (but not your emails, appointments and so on) are
stored in ".gconf/apps/evolution" in your home directory.
that should be all.

if it's possible at all that the directory is entirely deleted is a
question that i cannot answer... :-/

cheers,
andre

--