Re: [Evolution-hackers] ok, here's a question about translation...

You should probably start here:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/

AFAIK they have the info about the tools you use across all GNOME apps, including evolution.  You'll need to translate more than just core evolution, certain strings come from other parts of gtk+, and gnome libraries as well.