Re: [Evolution-hackers] intltool xml file mess

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 13:35 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 12:54, Not Zed wrote:
> I've got a ~100line bit of code that will do what i need, so i'll just
> use that.  It generates a .h file to bed fed to the translation
> mechamism rather than using the xml files themselves.
>
> (as usual i've ended up just talking to myself, sometimes i wonder why
> i bother).

IIRC, this was fixed in a recent intltool release.  Some of the releases
did some rather weird things with XML but were mostly fixed.  Of course,
I may be wrong, in which case is there an open bug?

Isn't 0.30 the latest?  Thats what i'm using.  Maybe i'm using it wrong, hence the original email.

I haven't filed one, nor bothered to look - i'm lazy.  I'd like to move away from it if possible, for this case it just makes things a _lot_ more difficult and less efficient for the code than it needs to be, and bypasses much of what gettext() gives you in the first place from a coders pov.

On the other hand if a newer version fixes it i probably wont try to fix these problems either, since the tricky code is already done - and, well, i'm lazy.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.